[ale] Now that DirecTV DSL is discontinuing...

Jordi S. Bunster j.bunster at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 19 10:09:54 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 09:04, cfowler wrote:

> Here is what I would do.  When you first get on, grab an IP Address
> viadhcp.  write all the info down.  Next, write a small little C program
> that will broadcast arp packets to their subnet announcing that you are
> at that IP Address.  No one will ever take that away from you.

You mean, spoofing arp packets? So that even if the 'lease' time
finishes you know set the iface to be inet static and people still reach
you there?

What if the dhcpd on the other side ignores that and assigns the IP to
another interface on the subnet? Could it happen?

> --
> Jordi S. Bunster <j.bunster at earthlink.net>

 This is a digitally signed message part