[ale] OT: H1B

Eichler, Paula J. pja0 at cdc.gov
Thu Dec 19 09:28:11 EST 2002

Americans kill me sometimes.  H1B's come here and make half of what we do.
Americans go to their country and make 250 times what they do.  That is not
an exaggeration.  To most of the H1B's they are making a literal fortune at
half the salary.

Another thing that kills me - the same people that bitch about H1B's "taking
their jobs" are the same people that vote Republican (the "Big Business"
party).  These people are only concerned with the bottom line, so they go
with the cheapest labor.  The Demos don't have any solutions for you, but if
you are concerned with your job being taken over by a cheaper person, well,
sure.  It's business.  The American Way.  You are asking the government to
solve a problem that doesn't really exist.

We want cheap goods and high salaries and no immigrants and sky high profits
and stay home mommies and big homes and no drugs and no sending jobs
overseas and no inflation and cheap gas flowing at the pumps ...  As my
husband says "it's good to want things".

The "we built ours, now you go build yours" thing sounds good, but no one
works harder for less than a peasant in a third world country.  Our high
salaries are great, but why are we surprised that they are enticing to
immigrants ..pj