[ale] RAID5 chunksize?

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Tue Dec 10 14:39:47 EST 2002

	I have had lots of experience with the IBM ServRaid cards, The biggest
trick is matching the bios/firmware revision and the driver revision. If
those dont match, then the driver will kernel panic under heavy loads.
They have many functionalities that other Raid controllers only dream
of, but for that extra your going to pay more. One feature is Hardware
clustering, with 2 systems and an external array between the two, you
can have a fully automatic failover on DB's. or file servers. a lot
depends on what your willing to pay for. The driver/configuration ISO
you download from their web site is a mini linux distribution with a
flash application, and X windows based configuration tool.

Drag0n
dragon at atlantacon.org