[ale] guess I am screwed, eh?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Sat Aug 24 23:32:21 EDT 2002

> Do you personally enjoy CS? Do you read CS related stuff rather than drool
> in front of the tube? Is a one (long) line of C which prints its source
> after compiling exciting to you? (actually, substitute your favorite
> language for C). If so, or if anywhere near so, you are doing the correct
> thing. Sure, some business courses and/or management courses wouldn't
> hurt. I mean - it's school right? Use it to expand your mind, and give
> yourself more balance.
>
> IMHO, of course, and in opposition to the idea that schooling should only
> be useful...

That's a good point.  I became a EE because, well, I was building radios
from kits at 3 and only got heavier into it from there! :-)

Leave me to my own devices (as my previous employer did when they laid
me off) and I'll STILL mess with computers (something which would not
have been possible without Open Source Software).

I went to school with a number of people who really had no genuine
interest in EE or involvement in it prior to school.  I couldn't
understand that.  Why have your ass so solidly kicked for [at least] 4
years and spend so much of your parents' money and/or run up big college
loans if you're not really interested in the stuff?

- Jeff

- Jeff