[ale] internal net routing

Benjamin Dixon beatle at arches.uga.edu
Mon Aug 19 18:00:18 EDT 2002

I've got a smoothwall box doing NAT at the office, behind which is running
a web server and various other services on different boxen. From the
outside, access to the service is fine, you can go to myserver.com and get
the website etc etc. But from the inside, if I got to myserver.com,
nothing happens. I did a traceroute on it and noticed the smoothwall
router is where it stops, one hop, but no connection. This is a problem
I've run into before but never bothered figuring out until now. I'm sure
its an ipchains or routing issue but a search on deja was fruitless. Any
pointers?

Ben