[ale] Redhat security updates available on RHN only ?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Aug 13 22:55:40 EDT 2002

Ftp the needed rpm files from the redhat mirror at GaTech. Then install
them using the rpm tools. The next time up2date get run, it will see
that the system has been updated and all will be well.

Bear in mind, RedHat has sold several hundred thousand copies of its
distribution. Those folks get priority (by access to the servers at
nearly any time). Yet they still allow non-paying slobs like me to get
updates as well. I just have to use the system at night when traffic is
down.

But I mostly use the mirrors.