[ale] its a long story

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 21:51:05 EDT 2001

i have a laptop that hates me, i have a linux swap
partition still on the hd cause dos wont remove it,
says i need to remove the logical drive before the
extended partition, then says there is no logical
drive... yea well i was wondering if theres a floppy i
can use to format the hd just totally wipe it. i would
just reinstall linux but i can only have either the
floppy or cdrom in it at one time, and it wont boot
from cd so i tried to renew the bios, well the bios is
updated according to the laptop. well, usually i put a
simple bootable dos os on it just so i can install
from cd .... i think the swap partition may be
disallowing me to do that this time, i used redhat 6.2
or something, its an older version, and i have redone
my mbr several times,,.. the laptop still gives me an
error when i sys the hard drive then try to boot. well
if you have any questions i will be glad to answer and
if you have any solutions i would be most grateful to
hear them :) right now im down to my final straw and
need a bootable floppy that will wipe the hd. linux
and nt are the os's i know of that can do this.