[ale] Bye-bye, Telocity/DirectTV

Stephen VanDyke mail at stephenvandyke.com
Tue Oct 23 16:58:19 EDT 2001

AT&T grabs the MAC address from whatever NIC gets installed first. My
roommate and I tried to get them to change it when we were trying to move
our connection to a linux router. We ended up getting a linksys router that
can fake the mac address to the gateway device and things were solved. I'm
pretty sure Linux can fake it too but we could never get it to work.

-Stephen VanDyke