[ale] Proper squid wiring

Gary MacKay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Thu Nov 29 10:38:36 EST 2001

I think I know how this goes but wanted to check with the "experts"
before I get too far into it. I have a client with a wireless internet
connection. The ISP installed a Netopia R910 router which plugs into the
wireless receiver and into the hub that serves the internal network. The
owner wants me to limit internet access on a per person basis. My
thought was to install a linux/squid box between the hub and router to
allow/block/cache traffic. The added bonus for everyone is the cache in
squid, but the main purpose is to monitor/limit certain users who are
abusing the privilage.

Any thoughts?
- Gary