[ale] Telocity Woes

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Tue Nov 20 09:59:40 EST 2001

Everytime I hear about cable and/or DSL woes reminds me of an old joke
about company names:

PickTwo High Speed Communications

Good, Fast, Cheap........PickTwo!

At 12:12 AM 11/20/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Well,
>
>It is 12am and I do not have a netwokr connection yet.  It appears that I am
>getting a solid green light on power then later during the hour I get a
>solid red on status.  I've come to the conclusion this means a failure to
>connect.  I'm using IE under win98 to configure the unit.  Notice I'm not
>using the software that came with it.  Tier 1 believed that rebooting the
>windows machine would
>correct the problem.  I've should have known.  Earlier today I knew that it
>arrived and did not
>rush home to hook it up.  Why?  Because I did not want the emotinal stress
>of the unit failing to
>work out of the box.  I had cable modem 2 years ago.  It took me 3 weeks to
>get it working.  And afterwards it would go down between 8pm - 10pm.  I do
>not want to revisit those issues.  Tier 1 believes that my DSL gateway unit
>may be bad.  The odds pf that are low.  Anyone else here have
>similar issues or can give some uplifting advise.  Like "Forget about fixing
>it before Thanksgiving".  Or,  "No DSL till New Years's"
>
>Thanks,
>Chris Fowler
>

>---
>This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
>sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net
http://www.intelis-inc.com
http://www.intelis-inc.net