[ale] CD not seen for RH6.2 install on IBM 365XD laptop

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 16 13:51:19 EST 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 14:38, John Mills wrote:
> Does anyone know if the 2.5" laptop HDDs use a functionally
> interchangeable connection to the generic 3.5" hard drives? That would let
> me plug the new drive into my PC and check it out.

3.5" are functionally equivalent to 2.5" hard drives (for IDE at least).
You will need an adapter to conver things though as 2.5" drives get
power from the pins on the connector versus from a separate power cable.
You can purchase one of these adapaters at probably any of the local
computer shops. Maybe even at CompUSA or Microcenter if you are lucky.

hope this helps

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
        "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Glory lasts forever."