[ale] Cracked many Linux systems

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Mar 28 14:01:15 EST 2001

Thompson Freeman wrote:

> Likewise, I would love to remove all the portmap stuff, but I have a need
> to have the convience of nfs file access. When I find and implement the
> same, the whole pile goes into history's dustbin.

I would suggest there is no need to have nfs on your primary firewall.
If you're connected 'all the time' then you really should have a
separate machine functioning as a firewall.  It's pretty cheap too since
you can go with an old 486 or something.  I'm using a p75 for mine.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein