[ale] User admin rights w/samba

Gary MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Sat Mar 17 10:01:55 EST 2001

I just ran into a new problem. How do I set, presumably in samba?, user
admin rights? I have a samba server with Win9x workstations. Login's are
working fine, scripts, etc. I just connected an NT workstation and it too
connected just fine. My only problem comes when the user tries to install
a new software package on his machine, it complains that he does not have
admin rights and won't let him. According to the manuals I've read, I
should be able to add some keys to the smb.conf file but samba rejects
them. (Yes, I have the latest 2.0.7 version of samba). Supposedly I can
add keys "domain user map = domuser.map" and "domain group map = " and
"local group map = " keys, but samba complains terribly when I do.

Bottom line, how do I give a user admin rights via samba?

- Gary