[ale] OT: routing problems caused by win95 box

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Mar 8 10:46:16 EST 2001

I think I'm having some routing problems on my network caused by a win95
box.  I listed the existing routes using 'route print,' but when I
attempt to delete the problem route, route.exe returns 'The route
specified was not found.  I can plainly see the route in the routing
list?  Pointers to docs or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  For
some reason this thing locks out access to a shared printer on this box,
that's being accessed via samba.

example:

route I'm trying to delete from the 'route print' output:

network address  netmask           gateway address   interface
metric
172.16.255.0     255.255.255.255.0 www.xxx.yyy.zzz   www.xxx.yyy.zzz   1

route delete 172.16.255.0

provides the 'the route specified was not found' error.

Suggestions?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein