[ale] OT: stupid hardware question

Jeff Hubbs jhubbs at telocity.com
Sat Jul 28 19:10:25 EDT 2001

me first a Belkin and then a Linksys switch.  Neither handled the
machines I connected it to correctly - Dell PowerEdge severs.  I finally
put my footdown and insisted on the Cyber 8-port and finally, joy was
achieved, as I knew it would be.

In an earlier experience, Cybex sent me a special adapter to permit
proper operation with an IBM PS/2 system, free of charge.  I've never
forgotten that, and I honor them with my continued patronage.

- Jeff