[ale] Virtual Meeting Space

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jul 28 17:19:46 EDT 2001

I would like to formally propose that we pursue the virtual meeting space
as a secondary/parallel/adjuct meeting arrangment. Technologically, it
would be very difficult to provide the impact of face-to-face meetings.

But as a supplement for our members who are too distant to attend in
person, or time factors, etc., this would be a great boon.

Michael Hirsch, formally of Emory University, announced once here of the
release under the GPL of the collaberative computing framework project He
was involved with. It has potential to act as a moderator platform. There
are others, of course.

Can someone assist in digging up info? I can arrange to host a repository
of documentation and software over the next few weeks as needed.

The HAM radio crowd in Atlanta have been doing something like this for
years with slow-scan HAM-tv broadcasts for monthly meetings.

Sounds like fun :)