[ale] Re-send: Opinions on Cable versus DSL

Leonard Thornton leonard at intelis-inc.net
Mon Jul 23 19:20:58 EDT 2001

Jay Finch wrote:

> Joseph A. Knapka wrote:
> > Another pretty good reason to move to (fast) DSL is that cable often
> > has an AUP that prohibits running any kind of services on the
> > connection, and DSL is usually "anything goes". Personally I find this
> > very frustrating, I'd really like to host my own web site, but I have
> > no DSL options where I live :-(
>
> Interesting -- With a static IP I've run my own webserver and am currently
> running a streaming Shoutcast server from home.  Not a problem on Charter's
> Pipeline...

Better read the fine print of the service contract you signed when they
installed the service.  AT&T has a very explicit clause about running
any sort of server or service (free or otherwise) in their customer
agreement.

The difficult while you wait...the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc
leonard at intelis-inc.net