[ale] Compaq Reliant web server

Timothy Ball timball at tux.org
Thu Jul 12 11:12:24 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 05:17:24PM -0400, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:

> They are suggesting a Compact Reliant series server which comes with a
> RED HAT CD.  They want to know if I need dual processors.  Frankly the
> box is only getting about 2,000 hits in a 24 hour period.  The current
> HP 9000 workstation has 256 meg of ram and a single 200 megahertz
> processor.  TOP is usually less than .1 except when I try to tar
> several thousand files over several days and then it jumps to 1.03 or
> so.  There is no discernable on the WEB server.

You know most of the HP-9000 series run linux? I have a couple of HP
735/125's and a 712/60 all running linux... if you want I can help ya
switch it over. Or... uh... I'll take it. :) I'm in constant need for
more fun hardware to do testing on. BTW does anyone know where I can get
a couple of external scsi cables for cheap (read "free" or at real low
prices) My centronic->UltraWide connector may or may not be bad and I
don't want to pay computrash prices just to find out my external box is
bad...

--timball

--
	GPG key available on pgpkeys.mit.edu