[ale] media formats under Linux? HELP HELP!!

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Jul 10 11:16:59 EDT 2001

Cade Thacker wrote:

> Hello,
> I REALLY needs you guys/gals help in an _VERY_ important document I am
> compiling for a VP of my company. I am compiling a report on media format
> support under linux for my job, and I was hoping that I could get some
> input so that I can get a full acurate report instead of me just finding
> what I can and maybe missing something. Basically the usage of these
> formats would be for a browser kiosk system.
>
> The formats in question are:
>
> WMA
> Word doc (for viewing only, abiword?)

I have yet to find anything that will reproduce a word document
accurately 100% of the time.  I've tried Applix, abiword, staroffice.

> WAV

esdplay

> PDF (xPDF?, ghostview?)

xpdf or acroread.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein