[ale] dns for int and ext

Gary MacKay Gary at EdisonInfo.com
Mon Jul 9 08:31:13 EDT 2001

I just got my DSL line up and running. Before I switch my domain to my
in-house servers, I need to resolve a DNS problem. How do I set DNS so
internal people can access the server (192.168.x.y) and the rest of the
world can access it by it's public IP address? I have setup my DNS
server to handle all external addressing. I added an entry for
smtp.domain.com with the 192. address and mail.domain.com with the
public address. That seems to work fine. The www.domain.com I can't
figure out. Do I need two dns servers running? Hope not.

- Gary