[ale] kernel nfs keeping mount point busy

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Sun Jul 8 12:26:34 EDT 2001

I recently installed Slackware 8.0/Kernel 2.4.5 on one of my boxes, and
it's running the kernel NFS server.  One of the things I have set up in
/exports on this machine is the cdrom drive (my other Linux boxes are
in the basement, accessed remotely, and it's easier to mount a needed
CDROM in this machine, and then NFS mount from the other machine than
it is to go downstairs and stick the CDROM in the local drive).
Anyhow, one thing I'm finding new is that once I mount a CDROM in the
drive, I can't umount it - attempting a umount returns a 'device is
busy' error message.  A bit of troubleshooting leads me to believe that
it's the kernel nfs server that's keeping the mount point busy.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to get the nfs server to let go
of the mount without rebooting.  Ideas, anyone?

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net      | The attempt to legislatively
http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at