[ale] Silly Firewall question of the week

Jeff Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 7 08:29:39 EDT 2001

Good morning,

   I managed  to set up my RH7.1 box with the middle
level of firewall protection (I forgot the term that RH uses).
I think this firewall blocks any non-root port (above 1024).
However, just for experimentation, I want to rsh back to my
box (I'm testing some MPI apps and I don't want to set up
SSH quite yet for MPI). How do I modify the firewall so
that I can get rsh access back to box? (I'm behind a mean
nasty firewall on another box so I'm no too worried about
rsh-ing back to my box for a limited amount of time).

TIA,

Jeff Layton