[ale] Little OT: Blind Future: Advise Wanted

djinn at djinnspace.com djinn at djinnspace.com
Sun Jul 1 00:22:04 EDT 2001

What these other guys aren't telling you is--the real world sucks.  A lot.  Avoid
it as long as humanly possible.  Trust me.

I'm 25, quit college at 20 but not by choice...grades dropped to below "acceptable
levels for a scholarship" while working 3 jobs and taking a full load.  Sorta
bitter.   In my world, you work really really hard to convince people you know
enough to get hired, and they say "wow, you're the best employee we've
got...everyone says such good things about you and you work lots of overtime" and
then they pay you 30% less than they pay the guys who sit around all day playing
Quake because they have degrees and you don't.

Don't be bitter...suffer thru college. ;)

jenn