[ale] NFS UID?

Cade Thacker cade at computerreligion.com
Wed Feb 14 11:03:17 EST 2001

Hello, I have (hopefully) an easy question.  I am trying to mount an NFS
share off of an HPUX server on to my linux box. The problem is that the
UIDs do not match. So when I mount the share it shows up with user and
group from the HP box, and I therefore do not have any persmissions to the
dir.  I have mounted smb shares and there is an uid, gid option I put in
/etc/fstab so I can mount it as my ids ownership and group. Did I provide
enough info to define the problem? Thanks in advance.

--cade

"Burn your tv in your yard, and gather round it with your friends,
and warm your hands upon the fire and start again" --Toad the Wet Sprocket