[ale] Netscape Email Problem

David C. Hicks dhicks at machturtle.com
Wed Feb 14 11:07:49 EST 2001

I hope someone else has seen this and has some clue what might be
causing it.

On a RedHat 7 system, I'm running Netscape 4.76.  I'm having an issue
with entering email addresses from the address book.  Say that my
identity is set up as "dhicks at mydomain.com".  Now, I have an email in my
address book something like "John Brown = jb at someotherdomain.com".  If
I enter "John Brown" in the "To:" field of a new email, as soon as I tab
out of that field I get...

john at mydomain.com; brown at mydomain.com

Apparently, Netscape is failing to match the entered text against the
address book.

I have repeatedly tried to get some help from Netscape on this, but I
just keep getting an automated response indicating that they are
severely backlogged.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Dave