[ale] (Advocacy) looking for opinions

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Feb 8 07:56:00 EST 2001

I noticed that the GPSC web site ( http://www.psc.state.ga.us/ ) has a
'get Microsoft IE' link.  I personally have a problem with this and
consider it free adv. for Microsoft.  I sent email to the GPSC
requesting them to remove the adv.  I received a response saying it was
not an adv. and it would not be removed.  They also told me that their
site was 'best viewed with IE and some functions of the site do not work
with Netcape.'

What do folks think?  I don't believe that a site that is paid for with
tax payers money should show such bias.  Also, since it is a public
site, paid for by tax payers money, it should work for, at least, the
two major browsers, although I did not have a problem viewing anything
on the site with Netscape.

If anyone else would like to respond, here is the email address of the
GPSC:

gapsc at psc.state.ga.us

And further, here is the phone number for the person who told me that
the link would not be removed. (she/he gave me the number in the email
response) 404-656-2756

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein