[ale] I cant get my modem im running linux for the first time

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Dec 31 10:02:35 EST 2001

Matt Magee wrote:

> This is where I found what I needed for my modem (PCTel HSP56)
>
> http://www.linmodems.org/
>
> http://www.winmodem.cjb.net/

But, before going there, he must figure out whether it's a real modem or
a winmodem, hence the request for more specific hardware information.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html