[ale] unable to log in!

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 27 10:12:55 EST 2001

I never actually solved the problem...I just paved over it by installing
RedHat 7.2. I could run in single-user mode, but I couldn't log in when
I was at init 3. I didn't see any other way out but the new distro.
Anyway, I'm functioning again, but all of my Internet settings were
lost, so I'm trying to restore those.