[ale] unable to log in!

David Brooks db at stayonline.net
Mon Dec 24 11:34:03 EST 2001

Hrmm, try booting with a boot disk, mounting your partition, and
blanking out the root password field in /etc/shadow.  Sounds like PAM is
freaking out.

See if you can log in with no password.  Alternatively, check your
messages file and see if there's anyhing in /var/log/messages about
PAM.  Also, try booting into single-user and seeing if you enocunter the
same problems.

-Dave

--
david a. brooks