[ale] XP and Samba

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Dec 11 13:51:17 EST 2001

sangell at nan.net wrote:

> With regards to your NetBEUI statement.......Quite possibly the
> understatement of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Plus for my own two cents worth....It seems that a lot of folks think
> NetBEUI and NetBIOS go hand in hand and one needs the other to function. I
> have seen many cases where it was thought that NetBIOS relied upon NetBEUI.

Appears they are somewhat related according to the Samba link
definitions someone else posted:

NetBIOS API (Application Programmer's Interface),
NetBEUI (NetBIOS Enhanced User Interface)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html