[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

sangell at nan.net sangell at nan.net
Fri Dec 7 09:42:29 EST 2001

Since I manage mostly Windows servers I named the database servers with
various names of Hells spawn:

Dante, Satan, Lucifer,Tempter, Leviathan, and Beelzebub. (Extension for
server room is 666 and Sign over door reads

"Abandon all hope all ye who enter this place" )

Linux boxes used for FTP, Web and other tasks are named after female
characters in Greek Mythology:

Artimus, Aphrodite and Hera

Other systems are named any variety of things. We actually even have a
Bubba and a Snoopy!

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
\_    Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA           _/
\_    MIS Operations Manager               _/
\_    TSYS Total Debt Management  _/
\_    Norcross, GA                                   _/
\_    Phone 770-409-5570                    _/
\_    Fax      770-416-1752                   _/

                    "Chris
                    Bergeron"             To:     "Ale" <ale at ale.org>
                    <cbergeron at bass       cc:
                    email.com>            Subject:     [ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts
                                           named?
                    12/06/2001
                    03:31 PM

Okay guys, it's almost Friday; and I'm thinking just for fun I'd like to
know how you guys name your networks...  I've figured out that Chris
F.'s are named after spacestations, etc...  Mine are named after US
Cruise Missiles;  at my previous employer we named them after "things
that can happen in a moshpit" - hemorrhage, trauma, laceration, etc...

Any other fun ones out there?

be
sent to listmaster at ale dot org.