[ale] AT&T selects Liberate for desktop test

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Thu Sep 21 13:33:29 EDT 2000

Just caught some info internally that I can verify on the Liberate site.

AT&T has signed a deal with Liberate to provide TV set top boxes for
their cable interests (it's just a pilot right now).  Originally it was
Microsoft, but Microsoft as usual, is letting dates slide, so
consquently AT&T is looking at Liberate.

I'm bcc this to two lists (please note :) ).  Point is, I looked on
Liberate's site to try and determine the OS they're using.  They refer
to using Open Standards and an OS they call Real Time OS (RTOS). I'm
wondering out loud if there set top boxes are running some imbedded
Linux OS?  Anyone have any other info on these boxes?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation