[ale] sparc20 questions

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Sun Nov 26 17:16:45 EST 2000

I have a friend who acquired a sparcstation 20.  when it boots
up, it tries to do some rpc mounts and some other stuff from its
previous network connection.  But none of that is connected
anylonger.  Is there any way to interrupt its boot process and
make it go into single user mode?  Of course, I don't have a root
password, but is it possible to make a new one without having
known the previous one?

Wish I knew more about sparcstations and solaris (which I'm
pretty sure this is--or maybe it's Sun OS?).

TIA.

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net