[ale] Xwin32

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Wed Nov 8 17:09:51 EST 2000

Hello all,
	I decided to play around with remote X sessions and the only box I can
play with is a windows box, so I downloaded and installed the windows
version of XWin32. I am trying to connect to my Mandrake 7.1 machine. I
think that Mandrake set up some security by default and so I am having
trouble trying to get it to work. What do I have to do on the Linux end
to get it to work? I used to get a connection refused message, but I
tried playing with xhost and now I get "192.168.1.4: Connection closed"
twice and then XWin32 crashes. 192.168.1.4 is the local IP address of the
linux box.

All I get in /var/log/secure and /var/log/auth.log is:
Nov  8 16:35:11 michael in.rexecd[737]: connect from 192.168.1.1

I cannot figure out whether the problem is on the windows end or the
linux end and I don't know where else to troubleshoot. Does anyone have
any experience setting this up that can see what I am overlooking?

Michael Golden