[ale] Booting problem

Ben Phillips pynk at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 22 17:28:49 EDT 1999

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 jj at spiderentertainment.com wrote:

> After installation (MBR bootup) the screen keeps displaying "01 " over and
> over again..

LILO is mis-installed.  Try booting from a disk and running 'lilo' with a
lilo.conf that you know works in your /etc directory.  I'd send you mine,
but I don't have one for that config and I'm afraid to screw you up.

                      __   _                 "If pro is opposite of con,
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,    then what is the opposite of
pynk at cc.gatech.edu   |  | ()|||||||||[:::)   progress?  Congress!"
                     \__.-._)         '''     -- men's restroom, House of
		                              Representatives, Washington