[ale] Booting problem

jj at spiderentertainment.com jj at spiderentertainment.com
Wed Sep 22 17:22:23 EDT 1999

I need some hlp with this.

I got a 64MB 233MXX with 550 HD, NE2000 compatible, installing a RH6
CDROM drive is set as a master, hd as a slave (cound't find anything small
enough to tie the two pins togeather).

After installation (MBR bootup) the screen keeps displaying "01 " over and
over again..

I would assume this is something to do with MBR ?

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated. My brother got a computer, and I
had to use parts from his computer(CDROM, FLOPPY) to get this install.
Want to make this RH a gatway for the cable modem.....