[ale] Upgrade mishaps

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Mon May 31 08:55:25 EDT 1999

On Sun, 30 May 1999 11:10:11 -0500 Gary Maltzen <maltzen at mm.com> writes:
>You should be able to build the modules for 2.2.6 by issuing a 'make
>modules' after you have done a 'make vmlinuz'. IIRC, these modules
>should be installed in /lib/modules/2.2.6-x.x/.

I guess I need to clarify. I didn't build the kernel myself. I downloaded
a precompiled binary off of Slackware's site. Therefore, I didn't build
the kernel or the modules. Does anyone run 2.2.6 out there that could
possibly send me binaries of the needed modules? I did install the
package that is supposed to have the 2.2.6 modules, but it gives me very
few, and not the ones I want. I do not have enough disk space to download
and compile the source myself.

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]