[ale] gcc and egcs co-existing?

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at switchco.com
Mon May 3 14:36:16 EDT 1999

	According to RMS, the latest version of egcs *is* the latest version of
gcc. The move is being made official. I don't know which developers you
speak of but in the past, versions of the kernel had some issues running
properly when built under egcs. The 2.2.X kernels (which RH6 contains)
(as well as the new 2.0.X I understand) build and run fine with egcs.

	Good luck & later,

		Ben Scherrey