[ale] desktop size

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jun 23 07:08:10 EDT 1999

"Eric Z. Ayers" wrote:

> change it to Viewport 0 0 and this will change your desktop to be the
> same size as the largest screen resolution you are using (the last
> mode in the ModeLine configuration line)

I was to the understanding the the Viewport setting sets the initial
upper left hand corner of the display.  That is, if his virtual
resolution is different than his initial screen resolution, Viewport 0 0
will show the upper left corner of the viewable portion of the desktop.
If the Viewport setting is changed, it will only shift the desktop
origin, not eliminate the virtual screen, which is what I think he wants
to do.  I think he wants to remove the virtual setting in his Display
subsection.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl