[ale] video card question

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Tue Jun 22 13:56:27 EDT 1999

The Banshee chips were the predecessor to the Voodoo2 chips.  3dfx saw a
way to improve the Voodoo chip by adding some cache and o/cing it.  For
the most part, it's v2 compatible. You can get Banshee and v2 drivers
from linuxberg.com

Banshee, v2, v3, TNT, Matrox...are all chipsets.  However 3dfx has
decided to not only sell chipsets, but now also cards, giving us the
Voodoo3-2000/3000/3500 family of cards.

FWIW, I have a banshee card and it rocks.

-Jim