[ale] Is RealAudio G2 still available?

Mike Kachline kachline at medept17.coon.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 22 00:55:04 EDT 1999

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, MetroBoy wrote:

> > you don't need to be an alpha tester
> > http://www.real.com/products/player/linux.html
>
> I downloaded and installed version 5 last night.  I configured Navigator
<snip>
	Ed,

	RA 5.0 works, sometimes, if you really tweak it (read Changes.txt
in your /usr/src/linux/Documentation/). RA 5.0 problems with the more
recent Linux kernels has been widely documented and known about. My
suggestion would be to download the newer G2 player. Make sure you
download the G2 player though, not the version 5.0 player!

Michael Kachline CS, Georgia Institute of Technlology
kachline at brightstar.gt.ed.net
http://brightstar.gt.ed.net/kachline