[ale] Ga Tech's FTP server status

David Corbin dcorbin at csol.com
Wed Jun 9 07:51:01 EDT 1999

The fundamental problem here is your ISP (assuming you get your
IP address from your ISP) isn't doing things right.
You should be able to do an nslookup on your IP address,
which will return a host name.   You should be able to do an
nslookup on that host name and get the SAME IP address.

If that doesn't happen, then you need to call your  ISP
and badger them, or change.

DHCP is NOT a factor in this (honest!), except that ISPs
seem to have a harder time grasping that they have to do it.