[ale] In search of Linunx 5.2 compatible modems. . . .

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jun 3 06:53:08 EDT 1999

Obviously you need to stay away from winmodems.  The only internal modem
I know of that is not a winmodem is the usrobotics.  Not to say that
their aren't others.  Actually what I mean to say is, USR markets their
modems in such a way that you know whether or not you're getting a
winmodem.  Their internal modems that are winmodems are marked as such.

They're a bit costly, but if you're talking that qty and 'mission
critical,' the funds should be worth it and I'd suspect you could get a
qty deal from USR (3com).

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl