[ale] 10 Gig IDE HD

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Jan 1 03:06:03 EST 1999

Bob Kruger wrote:

> At 01:30 PM 12/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >> I have a WD 10 gig HD that I would like to run as /dev/hda1, e.g. the boot
> >> drive.

I've got the same drive and was just now trying to get it installed.  I
upgraded my kernel to 2.0.36 and the kernel itself recognizes the full
drive (verses 2.0.33 which saw it as ~8 gig)  Problem is, when I attempt
fdisk against the drive, fdisk sees it as the ~8 gig size.  I've read
the Large disk howto and the ide.txt docs, but don't see specifically
how I might 'tell' fdisk the correct size of the drive.

Suggestions?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????