[ale] startx'ing as a normal user

Bastard Operator From Hell db at null.linux.box
Fri Jan 1 02:44:52 EST 1999

Okay, I've never had this problem before, and I cant for the life of me figure out why it's doing it now.  When I try and execute 'startx' from the command line as a normal user, I get the message:

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: Server must be running with root permissions
You should be using Xwrapper to start the server or xdm.
We strongly advise against making the server SUID root!

I've never had this problem before... and I surely know that I dont have to use Xwrapper or xdm to start X.  Anybody know of a way I can fix this?

Dave
db at disctech.net