[ale] Internet Explorer for Linux

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Tue Dec 7 15:57:35 EST 1999

On Tue, 07 Dec 1999 11:56:08 -0500 Jeffrey B Layton
<jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com> writes:
>What about Wine? I quit following it about a year ago so I don't know
>if there is any progress on getting IE5 to run. I'll look at the
>website to see what it says.

I am subscribed to the wine development mailing list and just within the
past week or so, there has been a discussion about IE5. I don't know that
it will work perfectly, but with the patches applied, it is reported to
work. Don't try to run it with the latest release of wine, as those
patches are not released except into the CVS tree. So, if you want to try
it, either wait until the next release or get the latest CVS. I would
recommend the first choice. Need any more info?

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no HTML / MIME / Attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with Attachments.)
RedHat 5.2 (2.2.12) Linux user -- Linux Advocate