[ale] Mesa on Voodoo

Prasanna Subash Psubash at manh.com
Tue Dec 7 15:13:55 EST 1999

All,
    I have Suse 6.2 running on PIII 500 w/ Voodoo3 3000 .

    rpm -aq | grep mesa
    showed me mesa-3.0-45 and mesasoft-3.0-5.

    I downloaded a simple program using glut from www.linuxfocus.org and
tried to compile it. The link line had
    LIBRARIES= -lglut -lMesaGL -lMesaGLU -lXmi -lXext -lXi  -lX11 -lm

    The linker came out with errors like

    Undefined reference to mglColor3f
    Undefined reference to mglClear
    Undefined reference to mglColor2f

    I noticed that these where defines in gl_mangle.h and glu_mangle.h.
    I also tried

    nm <variouslibs.a> | grep mglColor3f

    and did not find the corresponding library.

    Reading the documentation ( README.3dfx ) I found that should look at
/usr/local/glide/.
    I found only one file there and it was an executable -> test3dfx.

    I tried running it and it came out with a segmentation error.

    Should I try glide ?

Prasanna Subash
Manhattan Associates, Inc
Phone: 770 955 5533 x 1047