[ale] Re: your mail

Steven Rice stevenrice at marnuke.penguinpowered.com
Wed Dec 1 09:01:04 EST 1999

I don't NON-STANDARD prompts and I'm not for this one bit but becuase
I'm a nice guy I will tell you what you can do...

When you start up telnetd  use the -L flag

<from the man page>

     -L loginprg  This option may be used to specify a different login
pro­
                  gram.  By default, /bin/login is used.
<end>

Then compile login with the NON-STANDARD prompt and call that like this
in /etc/inetd.conf or what ever.

telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.telnetd -L
/bin/NON-STANDARD_login

Steven Rice
A UNIX system admin working as a warehouse slave