[ale] diald

Glen Bankston microsys at alltel.net
Tue Oct 27 08:48:51 EST 1998

Hello,

There are two of us unable to get diald to work.

We both have RH5.1, and used the GUI interface to set up eth0 and ppp and
modem.

I can use the "ifup-ppp ifcfg-ppp0 &"  script to bring up PPP and
everything works just fine,
including masq & ipfwd from other W95 machines on the LAN.  Diald on my
machine dials
constantly, and my friends does nothing.  I get a connect but no PPP.  I
have changed the diald
config files very little, i believe just to change the phone number it
dials.  The version is
0.16.5

I have tried diald with 4.2, 5.0 and 5.1 with no success, and about 10
hours of frustration.

Anybody else remember what they did to get theirs working?

Glen WB4ZNW
Moultrie