[ale] Need SCSI config help.

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Tue Oct 27 08:09:48 EST 1998

Ok,
  I've been getting alot of SCSI resets again recently.  Before I blame
the kernel I want to verify my configuration.  I'm hoping someone can
verify my settings as Adaptec and Quantum have an interesting habit of
giving me different answers.

First my hardware:
  aha3940UW (2 channel scsi controller,  2 2940's in one)
  4 Quantum Atlas II UW drives
  Jaz drive (1Gig)
  Flatbed Scanner
  CD-R drive

The setup:
  3940 with automatic termination
  2 Quantums internal.  Have Terminating SCSI cable.  ID's 0 and 1
  2 Quantums external.  Have Terminator on the Box.  ID's 2 and 2
  Jaz, Flatbed and CDR on second controler,  ID's 0,2 and 6 respectivly,
     external terminator on the CDR (Last device physically on the chain)

I'm not going to list my current jumpers, so as not to skew the results.

Thanks to all in advance
  Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   Windows NT --
Senior System Administrator II  |        Micro$oft's Ode To
  at Great West Life.           \_            P. T. Barnum

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: